Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Eli "The" Mitchell

At the ripe age of 3 years 4 months, Eli has become very literal. A hat is a hat, a net is a net. A net is not a hat or mask. Just like Eli is NOT a jumping bean. Today, I called Eli a jumping bean because he was bouncing on the bed rather than sleeping. He looked up at me with a very serious look on his face and said "I am not a jumping bean, I am a real live little boy named Eli the Mitchell!" I couldn't help but laugh at several of the things he said, one being that he is Eli the Mitchell, as in the one and only. The other is that he really is having a hard time with figures of speech and pretending. Things are very black and white in his world.

Pictures will be coming soon. I am having a little difficulty with my computer that I downloaded my pictures on so I will try and post some soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment